05 September 2010

Mission #65: Get a couples massage


Goal completed on August 25, 2010 in Malta.

Just to recap the second half of August, because it gets confusing for me as well. August 13: Booked last minute weekend away and honeymoon. August 21: Got married. August 23: Flew to London. August 24: Flew to Malta.

I've never stayed in a 5 star hotel in my life before, but Expedia gave a sweet discount (that would be Clifford's Irish luck... or his expert wheeling skills) on the Radisson Blu in St. Julians Bay. The hotel was less than 20m away from the water's edge and our balcony was totally enclosed, like a cave opening, so it was very private ad I had the most romantic mindset I've probably ever had.

The view for 7 days.




In the spirit of romance, I pursued the opportunity to get a couples massage with Clifford from the hotel spa, Marion Mizzi Well Being. Clifford isn't really pushed either way to get massages, but after I convince him to get one, he's always grateful and again he humoured me.


Our masseuses were French or Belgium and they were far from shy about the usual awkward places that rarely get massaged in Canada. Both our or rears were totally exposed and massaged, and the same went with my pecs. Not to say she was a bad masseuse, she wass actually quite excellent. Without a clock she managed to give me a head to toe massage in 50 min flat. It was fast and furious and totally not as romantic as I thought. It was simply a massage, with Clifford in the same room. I don't really think it would have been any different if I had wanted the 125 min couples massage.

Would I do it again? Probably not. I had relaxing, soothing, and a romantic experience in mind and I have to say it was none of the above. I'll just have to find other romantic things to do with the husband.

Dinner at little local restaurants with patios and local wines. <3 br="">

No comments:

Post a Comment