05 November 2010

Character Profiles

My word count for the end of Day 4 is 5505. I'm about a 1000k behind. That isn't bad, considering I only came in on this about 7pm on Day 2.

After staring at a computer screen all day today to make the word count I feel like my steam's gone for the day. I had to even go clean my room and hang up laundry before I could will myself to blog a little.

I will try to write about 500 more words before I go to bed tonight. That is if I can figure out what I'm going to do now. My MC has fallen out of love with the male lead for my story, and I was kind of using that to drive the whole plot.

So now I have no plot.

I could try to find a way for her to fall back in love with him again, or find a different dude for her to fall in love with. She still has to fend off the vampire and the alien who seem to just look at her throughout the whole story.

Oh, the dilemma.

I had to resort to the NaNo Forums to get some random inspiration to pump up my word count a little. The post was originally supposed to help you get to know your characters. It did this along with getting another 700 words out of incorporating the interview into my novel.

I think if I were to bother editing this story I would go through the character profiles link posted in the NaNo Forum to really get to know my characters. They're all sort of random at the moment with not much depth or background to any of them. The link is quite extensive, so I would probably just pick the most important sections to focus on.

No comments:

Post a Comment