11 March 2012

11 More questions!

Theresa Small Sneed tagged me this time. I feel quit fortunate to be tagged by my fellow Campaigners. I also feel quite bad that I haven't been able to reply to many people's comments or visit too many blogs. I will! I promise! Even when the campaign ends I will still visit!

1. You're on a deserted island for six months with one person ~ who would it be and why?
My husband. He's got skillz, also in the survival department.

2. You were caught in a meteor shower which left you with strange abilities. Now every time you eat chocolate, you can ... what?
Become invulnerable and have telekinetic abilities. This sounds like a Mary Sue, but since I don't like chocolate I wouldn't be able to access these powers too often.

3. A friend takes you to an abandoned castle that has been hidden for centuries. She heard a rumor that great treasure was hidden in the sixth tower. Would you venture inside or turn it over to the authorities to investigate? What would you find?
I would definitely venture inside myself. I suppose I would find something that's either really priceless and invaluable, like a missing family heirloom, or like proper treasure where I could cash in on millions, or! rediscover some historical relic that would require history books to be rewritten.

4. You can only drink one type of beverage for the next year - what would it be and why?
I was going to say water as I drink that to a large extent anyway. But then I would be excluded from wine and that were to happen life would almost not be worth living.
/dramatics

5. Have you ever had to face a fear of yours? What was it and how did you overcome it, if you did?
I have a fear of heights. I don't like going up ladders and I stay at least a foot away from railings that overlook anything higher than 2 feet. I wouldn't say I "face this fear" in the sense that I make an effort to get over it, but I do carry on going into malls and fly in airplanes. Ignoring your fears helps sometimes.

6. Have you enjoyed certain ages in your life more than others? What is your ideal age and why?

At every age I've been I've enjoyed them for what they've been worth. I have to say that my mid-twenties have so far been my favourite for the simple reason that I enjoy being an adult and look like I actually could be.

7. Has anyone totally amazed you in life? Who and why?
My grandparents. They've got a number of hang ups and flaws, but they're survivors.

8. Have you ever written in a character in a story patterned after a real person ~ out of spite, because that person ticked you off?
I have. But then when I shared that story I didn't feel good about what I had written.
/guilt

9. Do any of your characters make you totally crazy because they have a mind of their own and take you places you hadn't planned on?
Yes, but I kind of like it. So I try not to get too uptight about it.

10. What is your most favorite phrase/paragraph that you have written? Can you share it?
I can't say that I have written anything that profound that falls into this category.

11. If you could sit down and talk shop with any writer from any time period - who would it be and why?
Possibly Isaac Asimov. His stories seem like he had a glimpse into the future and knew almost exactly the struggles we were going to face with technology. I would like to sit him down and find out his thought process at the time.

1 comment:

  1. That would be the best result of eating chocolate ever. I vote yes.

    P.S. I put something for you on my blog.

    ReplyDelete