29 March 2012

21 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 14, January 18



This day on the calendar required me to commute an hour and 15 minutes to a clinic were I could finish one of my qualifications. It’s a commute I’ve had to do many more times since and it has proven to be a challenge to maintain and improve my fitness level.

Icy roads, driving in the dark, roaming wildlife and sometimes snow following a hard day at work makes for a challenging commute leaving me stressed out and more tired than I should. It has been hard to convince myself that I want to do anything except go to bed or vege online.

I’ve opted out of my gym or swimming workouts a few times over the last couple weeks and resorted to a 10-15 min walk or a quick pilates ab work out. I’m not going to shed pounds but any activity is better than none, and I always end up feeling better afterwards than before.

2 comments:

  1. I'm with you on the not wanting to do anything after a hard day. I always find it difficult to get myself moving at those times.

    However, I've found myself of getting into the habit of puttering around my house, so at the very least - I strap on my ankle weights and start puttering and tidying.

    At least it's movement and I am rewarded with a neater looking place and feeling better...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're participating in the A to Z Challenge and I look forward to your posts next month!
    Don't forget to turn off word verification.

    ReplyDelete