19 March 2012

21 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 8, December 22



Not wanting to lose the momentum of my activity started on vacation, the day after my husband and I got back from Hawaii we made a point of going to the gym together. It was probably the best workout both of us had had in a while, being refreshed and recharged.

It is interesting that most exercises I completed could be done at home, using soup cans or resistance bands. In fact, there are many “gym” routines that don’t require you to step foot in a gym. Exercises such as push ups, squats, crunches, and dips can be done at home, and you work out most of the same areas the complicated gym routines provide. I mean, why make working out more complicated or really very long? The 100 Pushups Programme would take maybe 10 to 15 minutes of your time.

Just keep it simple, yes?

2 comments:

  1. There are *tons* of simple home workouts you can do. And in fact, if you know enough about pilates, you can basically work any muscle on a pilates mat that you would target with weight machines.

    I need the elliptical, though, and I don't have one at home. And there's also something distincly motivating about going to the gym, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree: when I get to the gym I work out harder. Something about peer pressure.

      But there are times when I have no ambition to leave the house and working through the 100 push ups or 200 squats programmes does me just fine.

      Delete