20 March 2012

21 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 9, December 23


You don’t really have to tell me twice to go for a swim. Seriously, if swimming would tone all the muscle groups in my body equally that’s all the exercising I would do for the rest of my life. My best time/distance is 50 lengths in 35 minutes. That’s 1.25km of my arms dragging my body through the water.

Obviously, the Friday after returning from holidays my time wasn’t that good, but I felt pretty good anyway.

Aquatic aerobics just isn’t my thing, but if you have trouble with your joints this is a good cardio workout for all levels (it all depends how deep you stand in the water) and avoids a lot of the impact of a regular step class. But if swimming laps or joining water aerobics isn’t your thing, just walking back and forth in the water is a great work out because of all the resistance.

No comments:

Post a Comment