21 March 2012

"Jump" by Madonna. Music and video when she was still cooler.



Around this time my younger brother introduced me to a lot of Parkour and free running videos on YouTube. They're fascinating to watch because of the movements people are able to accomplish with only their own body strength. I was jealous for a while because I wanted to be able to do those same things.

Then I had to remind myself alot of the free runners probably do this for hours a day whereas I spend hours a day doing other things I want to succeed in. And instead of feeling down about my lack of physical abilities I watch vidoes for inspiration: much of what we do with our bodies and our minds is training, and we can accomplish a lot if we have the right motivation.

I also watch parkour and freerunning videos when I need a little inspiration to write action and fight scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment