02 April 2012


B IS FOR BACKPACK

When you travel a lot you get into a mindset. It takes you seconds to think of everything you need and you rarely forget any of the essentials. Since I've been fairly stationary this last year I find myself taking longer to pack and missing to even think of essentials like toothbrush or a hair product. Fortunately I'm either able to borrow or buy a back up product for my one or two night stay.

Inspite of all of my mishaps with the contents of my bags the one lesson I have carried over has been to use back packs for my carry on luggage or as a day bag. Definitely not as fashionable as Louis Vuitton and I doubt Coach would start a backpack line, but sometimes practicality has to out win fashion.

I used to use a side bag until I noticed I was sitting crooked from getting used to a bag pulling me sideways. I thought about getting one of those little rolling small luggage pieces but then that's another piece you have to tie up your hands with. A back pack allows you to carry a fair load and keep your hands free. It really didn't take me long to buy a good backpack and stick with that.

Me with my backpack... Trusty little sucker

5 comments:

  1. My husband travels a lot and he like the backpack because he can stick it in end first and easily pull out whatever he needs from the zipper. If he uses luggage, he has to unzip the whole thing and then everyone can see what else he packed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I always find luggage is packed way more precariously than a backpack: Open it up and everything falls out.

      Delete
  2. I keep a "Go" bag by the door. It always contains 1 change of clothes (underwear/socks/shirt/scarf) $50 cash. A water bottle and a can of soup and a granolla bar.

    Its the perfect size to fit into a backpack and it keeps me out of trouble when I have to go somewhere suddenly.

    When I went up to NYC this past weekend I brought just a backpack. Everyone was like, "is that all you have?" But I was the only one who didn't need to buy anything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That actually is a clever idea! Once I get settled in my new place I think I'll have to consider having a "go" bag handy.

      Delete
  3. best thing to have for walking around disney or any park! and i have a cute purse backpack too =)

    ReplyDelete