18 April 2012



P IS FOR PLAN

Planning for a vacation is easy. Planning for an adventure is impossible simply because it defeats the purpose of an adventure. But sometimes the best laid plans can go awry and depending on your attitude you can see the situation as an adventure or a disaster.

I have to admit, I’ve done both. I’ve been impatient and entitled in my approach to a trip and when I recall what happened it all sucked: the drive up sucked, the security staff sucked, the airline staff sucked, etc etc. When I’ve approached a trip with an open mind and relaxed attitude then I recall the trips with more humour and take the delays or mishaps in stride.

"Adventure is not outside man; it is within."
--George Eliot

"An adventure is only an inconvenience rightly considered. An inconvenience is only an adventure wrongly considered."
--Gilbert K. Chesterton

"Excursion Around the Bay" by Great Big Sea

No comments:

Post a Comment