25 April 2012


V IS FOR VACATION

I have this love/hate relationship with vacations. I love to travel and explore and have adventures, and the best time to do that is your 2 week vacation block from work. But what I find about myself, and other people who “vacation”, is that you end up coming back from vacation more tired than you left. It’s sort of the same with weekends: all week people look forward to having “time off” but end up doing more on their “day off” than they did during the workweek.

Not that I do that to the extreme, but I do find I defeat the purpose of “day off” and “vacation” when I plan to do a lot with that time instead of chilling out.

For my mental health, I think it’s going to become far more important to make a point of chilling out on weekends and incorporating a lot more stay-cations. I mean, why else would I spend all my time away from your house, at work, to pay for something I never see and have hobbies I never do?


"I honestly if I get a vacation I'm gonna go and sit on my couch in New York ‘cause that's the one place I haven't been for a very long time."
--Matt Damon

"Sand in my Shoes" by Dido

2 comments:

  1. Why is that? Vacations make people tired...and the weekend seems to fly by...not fair in my humble opinion.Great post thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,
    I'm visiting on the A to Z Challenge. I also chose Vacation. I totally agree with you!!! You may want to check out our 'girls' vacation. It was very relaxing.
    Kathy at Oak Lawn Images

    ReplyDelete