26 April 2012



W IS FOR WALKING

My family had an eye-opening experience not too long ago: my parents were on vacation and my dad wasn’t able to walk to enjoy the benefits of being in a place where he could relax and do some sight seeing. He’s still on the road to recovery but it made me realize that if you can’t walk traveling and adventures really becomes difficult.

Airports are massive, antiquities equally so, and going from one location to another requires the ability to walk. You don’t realize how much you actually do until something hurts from the minute you wake up to the minute you fall asleep.

So I’m grateful for my ability to walk, and run, to where I need to so I can continue my adventures.

And it’s great exercise.



"All truly great thoughts are conceived by walking."
--Friedrich Nietzsche


"An early-morning walk is a blessing for the whole day."
--Henry David Thoreau

No comments:

Post a Comment