27 April 2012


X IS FOR eXPERIENCE

OK, so I cheating a little with the letters, but really, what word starting with X really relates to travel?

That statement should be interpreted as I was too lazy to spend more than 15 minutes flipping through the pages of the dictionary.

In all seriousness, I said a number of years ago that I would rather spend my time and money on experiences than on things. For me, traveling is largely about gathering experiences and growing from them. To meet other traveling or wandering souls and making connections with them.

“Perhaps travel cannot prevent bigotry, but by demonstrating that all peoples cry, laugh, eat, worry, and die, it can introduce the idea that if we try and understand each other, we may even become friends.”
--Maya Angelou

No comments:

Post a Comment