21 May 2012

21 DAY CHALLENGE - Day 21, January 27



I have looked into the mirror lately and am liking what i am seeing. From Jan 1 to 27 I had lost about 3kg. Which doesn’t sound like much as far as KG are concerned, but it’s roughly 6 lbs. That doesn’t sound like a large number either, but I will challenge you to buy 6 lbs of sugar, throw it into a backpack and walk around all day with it. See what kind of a difference 6 lbs really makes.

Since November 2011 I have lost a total of 7 kg. A friend of mine, Crystal, blogged about measuring her weight loss success by more than just a scale. It’s hard to stop thinking of health success as anything but inches lost or pounds dropped. Ask yourself, when was the last time you read an article in a fitness magazine that didn’t talk about the above to measurements? Offhand, I can’t recall. When I did a Google search there was only one article I really liked.

http://www.howtobefit.com/measure-weight-loss.htm

And while I am conscious about the points in the article, I still feel frustrated and disappointed whenever the numbers don’t change in my favour. But when I looked in the mirror in January and over the last couple months I can see the changes in my clothes. I can see that I’m looking better in my skinny jeans. While no one has actually complimented me on any changes, I know that when I work out I feel like I have more energy to give to my work outs. I also have tracked my runs and made a mental note of the weights I lift and the reps, and each week I’m able to do a little more.

So yeah, today I feel good.

And goal completed.

2 comments:

  1. It's a real challenge for anyone, regardless of how other think they look, to look in the mirror and like what they see.

    Congrats on being able to do that because that means more than any number possibly could.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not always the numbers, but mainly the way you feel, and how your clothes fit. :)
    Good Luck! Keep up the good work!

    Roadtrip: On my way from A all the way to Z!
    English Speaking Zone

    ReplyDelete