28 May 2012

50 Questions that will Free Your Mind - #1
I caught wind of this a while back when a fellow writing friend started using the list as inspiration for blogging. I liked how she dedicated a blog post to each question. I’ve looked at other blogs that try to tackle 5 or 6 questions per blog post and it just feels like they’re in a rush to answer.
How old would you be if you didn’t know how old you are?
The world “ageless” comes to mind when I try to answer this question. It’s been hard to think of myself as a 26 year old because I don’t feel any different than when I was 20 or 16 or 10. Yes I’ve “grown up” or “matured” in that the way I see the world is different but I don’t feel different so I feel ageless. 
Not that I’m gifted with awesome genetics like some women are and I tend to spend very little time in front of the mirror trying to perfect my face. I have noticed small and subtle changes in my skin and hair that have reminded me that I have reached a certain age, though I would say I look my age, even though I had a salesman try to peddle me Dead Sea products for a lot of money because I have wrinkles in my face. 
Seriously, those are laugh lines.
 
But I was curious to see what the internetz would reveal when I searched “ageless” and lo and behold the search results almost exclusively had something to do with cosmetic surgery or spas. I got the impression that a person is only allowed to feel ageless once they appear as such. 


I don’t think I’ll be integrating that concept into my thought process. I enjoy feeling like how I always have, at every age that I have been.

1 comment:

  1. I love this reply. I think life is about being happy in your own skin, no matter what age you are. The culture's focus on youth is bordering on ridiculous. Most of the people over 20 you see on TV had "work done" as if it is the most normal thing in the world. It isn't.

    ReplyDelete