04 June 2012

50 Questions that will Free Your Mind - #2

Which is worse, failing or never trying?

You know, I'd have to say in most circumstances, it's failing. I think what motivates a lot of actions and is the cause of many of my reactions is the fear of failing, of looking stupid, or of not having the answer.

It's stupid, really, since it's always a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" sort of situation whenever this sort of question comes up. If I looked stupid or smart, then I'm judged, if I have the answer or if I don't, I'm judged. But it's that feeling, that failing feeling, that I absolutely hate.

Although recently, because of my looming move, thoughts about things I never did or said have cropped up and it's starting to feel equally disconcerting. There are things I wished I would have done, or learned. On the other hand, I haven't really felt like I've regretted anything up until this point

So it appears my fear of failure overrides my fear of never trying something, but I need a reminder like this every once in a while:


Some reading on the matter: 

No comments:

Post a Comment