09 July 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #7

Are you doing what you believe in, or are you settling for what you are doing?

My first thought was that I'm doing nothing, but that's not true. I'm here, in England because I believe in my marriage.  In terms of my life I think I felt like I was settling for a while, which is why I guess I started this blog and a set of goals.

I'm still working on the career bit. I thought I had found something that I could believe in when I started nursing, but I think I've been searching for something else once I discovered that I wasn't that keen on it anymore.

During a conversation with a friend of mine over Skype, she told me that my next nursing job that I get I need to love, otherwise I will end up hating nursing. She's right, but how do I know what I love? I'm also the sort of person that I finish what I start: I don't think it's acceptable to quit something after short while just because I don't like it anymore. I don't think that's settling, just accepting that not everything in life is filled with ponies and butterflies.

On the other hand, is putting up with something for a whole year just to prove that you can too long? If in 6 months I discover something's not working and I want to quit, is that a bad thing?

Enter soul searching (now that I'm unemployed and have all this time on my hands)...

No comments:

Post a Comment