10 July 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #8

If the average human life span was 40 years, how would you live your life differently?

In trying to answer this question, I thought a lot about yesterday's question and answer. And it's true, I do live my life as if I'm going to live to 80. Actually, I'm quite bold in thinking that I will make it to 85 years competently.

But if I re-frame my life into 40 years, that means I'm more than halfway through my lifespan. In fact, I only have 14 years to live. Glancing at my master list of goals, most of them wouldn't be important to complete, just a few. I guess it would beg the question, why would I waste my time with all of the other ones?

Coming back to my thinking about yesterday's question and answer and subsequent questions of my own: if I had only 40 years to live, I should put up with a lot less bullshit and for much less time. A year is too long and pull back sooner if something doesn't feel right.




2 comments:

  1. Great quotes! It's never hurts to be reminded about how precious time is!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um...I'd be dead so I can't answer this question...

    Seriously...how would I live my life differently? I don't see how it could have been different. I lived with a controlling father who was abusive and it took me years to gain freedom from that. I guess that my life wouldn't have changed unless I knew then what I know now. But that wasn't part of the question.

    ReplyDelete