24 July 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #17

What one thing have you not done that you really want to do?  What’s holding you back?

Two things really. One was to join the army, the other to write a book.

It's difficult to pursue a military career when you're married, especially to someone already in the military. What's holding me back is what a recruiter will think if I actually was to walk into the office and tell them I want to sign up a lot more than what my friends and family will think about me signing up.

I'm my worst enemy when it comes to pursuing literary endeavours and completing them. I'm happy when I start writing, and then something in my life happens and I get derailed. I make a good effort to continue but end up sabotaging myself when I start convincing myself that making a living is more important and spending time with people.

In both situations I'm holding myself back and I need to stop if these are the two things I really want to do with my life. I know this too, I just need to figure out what I'm going to do about it.



No comments:

Post a Comment