02 August 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #24

Which is worse, when a good friend moves away, or losing touch with a good friend who lives right near you?

Definitely losing touch with a friend that lives close by is worse. In my experience there's very little closure involved and so you're always left wondering what happened, or why, or what did I do wrong? There's always this awkward "Hi, how are you? Haven't seen you in a while." sort of conversation when you do run into each other again which has often ended for me in a "Give me a call for a cup of coffee." and I never have the guts to say, "How about you call me, because I've left you messages, sent you texts, and messages over FB."

Moving away and having great distances between friends is not a big deal. Phone plans have become cheaper, you can easily and cheaply text across distances, Facebook has made it easier to share day to day information as well as pictures, and Skype is basically free. You talk when you can and there seems to be an understanding that if they other person isn't able to it's because they are busy. If you lose touch a little bit it doesn't hurt as bad because that is what happens when you add distance between people.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment