17 August 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #37

If you just won a million dollars, would you quit your job?

No. I'd take a leave of absence for a couple of months to just chill out, but I would go back. Firstly, a million dollars isn't all that much money. You buy one house and one brand new vehicle and poof, half it's gone. So if you don't manage the money it can and will disappear quite quickly.

Secondly, even if I got a a billion dollars I wouldn't quit my job. Having been unemployed for a couple months, life gets really boring quite quickly. There are some daily activities you do to fill your day, and yes you indulge in your hobbies, but when that's all you have life gets pretty dull. A job kind of gives purpose and routine to your life that's necessary, even if you don't need to work, per se.

And lastly, how do you relate to people if you're not working? Working regularly grounds you, it doesn't bring you down. I hate it when celebrities give advice on every day problems about money management, or healthy life styles because most of the time they're paying somebody else to manage those aspects of their own life.

And as a side note, a study of lottery winners showed that they weren't any happier than before they received the money. That just says to me you need a few other things in your life yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment