07 August 2012

50 Questions That Will Free Your Mind - #29


Do you remember that time 5 years ago when you were extremely upset?  Does it really matter now?

Five years ago would have been 2007. What was I even doing July 2007?

Working a lot. Going out a lot. I vaguely remember the things I was upset about, but if I really think about it, not much of what happened then really matters now. It's like life has just worked out the way it's supposed to be. Five years from now it'll probably be the same situation: I'll think back, sort of remember what bothered me, and come to realize that life has worked out exactly the way it was supposed to.

I just need to keep reminding myself to be relaxed when things crop up in my life currently that weren't planned for (car repairs, paperwork not going through, no job....). In the words of one of my former co-workers, "This too shall pass."



No comments:

Post a Comment