02 September 2012

30 Days of Fitness - Day 2

List the reasons for improving your fitness:
  
  • I don't want to be the fat friend again. Seriously, that's my number 1 reason. In high school I wasn't the biggest of my friends, but when I got to college I put on weight and was very easily one of the top 5 big girls in my nursing class. I felt awful about my self, and more self-conscious about my appearance than when I was in high school. I felt like the girls that I went out with was so that they could look good next to me. Granted, they weren't good friends and I should have ditched them, but sometimes you don't put the dots together until a little while later. 
  • I want to feel good about myself. Kind of tied to the first reason, but also separate. I always feel better about myself during the week if I've exercised regularly. I just feel confident: I feel good about everything that I do and anything I wear. Also, I always feel better after a work out if I've had a shitty day or have been in a bad mood.

Source
  • I want to keep the health risks to a minimum. Diabetes, high blood pressure, and heart disease runs in my family. As the medical field continues to research the human body, they are finding out that the above three problems are linked largely to lifestyle choices. When I was working in the clinic it was amazing to see first hand that just about everybody who had diabetes also had high blood pressure. When these people lost weight or changed their lifestyle (sometimes there are more factors involved), it was amazing to see how much their diabetes and blood pressure improved. Granted my parents don't have these problems, but because my grandparents do, I've simply got one more strike against me. Not that I'm worried that I'm going to become ill and die anytime soon, but it is another reason to be mindful of what I eat and how much I move. 
  • I want to join the army. Granted, as a nurse, but you still have to go through basic training. I don't really know what basic training involves, but I am imagining a lot of learning about the army, carrying a heavy backpack with you all the time, and running through obstacle courses once a day. My impression of what happens in basic training could be warped (thanks, Hollywood), but it is 14 weeks long and it's something I really want to do.
  • And my final reason to improve my fitness:
Source


30 Days of Fitness One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen Twenty Twenty-One Twenty-Two Twenty-Three Twenty-Four Twenty-Five Twenty-Six Twenty-Seven Twenty-Eight Twenty-Nine Thirty

No comments:

Post a Comment