25 September 2012

30 Days of Fitness - Day 25


How much water do you drink normally?

I'm conscious about the recommended 2L per day plus the extra need for it when I exercise.  It's pretty important to be hydrated properly, but if you remember me talking about my broken water bottle, I can admit that I am not drinking enough water, even when I'm not exercising.
Source


This isn't even counting the effects of drinking a lot of coffee and tea, and sometimes wine, does to my hydration. According to LiveStrong.com, a couple cups don't affect you much, but anything more than 300mg of consumptions (4+ cups/day) will start to dehydrate you.

I wouldn't smile for anything less.
I shouldn't take the above article as a get out of jail free card for how much coffee to continue consuming caffeine in its liquid forms. While I do drink herbal teas in conjunction to the coffee, and I've started to drink a glass of water for every mug of coffee or black tea I consume, but since I tend to drink a bottle of wine a couple times a week I'm likely still on the dehydrated side of things.

I sort of keep track of my water consumption on my MyFitnessPal profile, but I don't seem to be very diligent about it. Anybody have any recommendations to increase my water intake?



30 Days of Fitness One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen  Twenty Twenty-One Twenty-Two Twenty-Three Twenty-Four Twenty-Five Twenty-Six Twenty-Seven Twenty-Eight Twenty-Nine Thirty

No comments:

Post a Comment