26 September 2012

30 Days of Fitness - Day 26


How do you avoid junk food?

If it's out of sight, it's out of mind. There is very little "naughty" food in my pantry, fridge, or freezer so the chances of me eating poorly is very little. It's not that I don't have any self-control, but sometimes you just give into your cravings if something tasty is easily accessible. If you have to drive down to a store to get what you crave you're definitely less likely to indulge in the junk food.

When I'm doing my grocery shop I also make sure to stick to the outside of the store. All the crap is arranged in shelves in the middle. It works on the same principle in that if you don't see it, you're less likely to buy it.

However, since I've been trying to eat as gluten free as possible (so far so good!) I simply can't have many treats or "naughty" food. It was frustrating at first because I would walk past the bakery section and stare longingly at the fresh loaves of rye or pumpernickel and tarts, cakes, and pies. Or I'd just want to grab a granola bar, or when it was my "cheat meal" just go out for fish and chips or a chicken burger.

Can you feel yourself salivating yet???
Source

While there are gluten free baked goods and breads available the cost is a major turn off so I've definitely indulged less in "naughty" and "junky" food. I've also ended up craving those bad things less so I don't stare at the breads... as long as I used to.

Anybody else have any tricks to avoiding junk food or dealing with cravings?



30 Days of Fitness One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen  Twenty Twenty-One Twenty-Two Twenty-Three Twenty-Four Twenty-Five Twenty-Six Twenty-Seven Twenty-Eight Twenty-Nine Thirty


4 comments:

  1. I try not to let anything stay in a big no category - except for what I really cannot eat, but there are subs for that.

    I keep a little bit of chocolate in the house for sweet cravings. I have gf pancakes on Saturday morning. Just a little to satisfy and try to keep the insane cravings att bay.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I really want something I definitely go out and get it. But sometimes thinking about the effort involved of going out deters me and stops the craving. Silly, but it works.

      Delete
  2. i love this series. junk food is so convenient and tasty! i need to retrain my mouth! my stomach and mirror will thank me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely tasty! But I totally understand the challenges of retraining your taste buds. It takes a long while :(

      Delete