09 September 2012

30 Days of Fitness - Day 9


Favourite Exercises.

Yesterday I wrote a lengthy post about my favourite types of exercises... Sorry about that. I'll keep this one a little shorter and lighter for your weekend reading.

My favourite exercises for Yoga:
Child's Pose
Source

For cardio:
Jumping Jacks
Source
For the lower body:
Glute Kickback
Source

For the upper body:
Push Up/Press Up
Source
Using the Swiss Ball:
Jack Knife
Source
Using dumbells:
Hammer Curl
 
Using machines:
Lat Pull Down
Source

The reasons I enjoy doing all of the above exercises is that you have variations for each. You can make them harder, easier, or place your body just a little bit differently and you work the muscles just a little bit differently.

30 Days of Fitness One Two Three Four Five Six Seven Eight Nine Ten Eleven Twelve Thirteen Fourteen Fifteen Sixteen Seventeen Eighteen Nineteen  Twenty Twenty-One Twenty-Two Twenty-Three Twenty-Four Twenty-Five Twenty-Six Twenty-Seven Twenty-Eight Twenty-Nine Thirty

2 comments:

  1. I have one of those swiss balls but have never used it. I know I need to switch up my exercise but I'm lazy:) I'm really enjoying my walking for now. But I have a stationary bike, treadmill, punching bag, weights, hula hoop - I'm all set, when I finally decide to put in more effort! 30 days of fitness? Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aha, can I come over and use your equipment for you? You sound like you're better equipped than the gym I presently go to.

    But good for you for keeping up the walking. I get bored easily with exercise so I need to keep it mixed up and fresh.

    ReplyDelete