17 September 2012

Genre Blog Hop



Let me start off by saying that I've done four blog hops in rather quick succession, I apologize if I don't reply and comment right away. I will get everybody as soon as possible! Also, a big thank you to all the people hosting the hops this month that I've participated in:



I have difficult time listing my preferred or favourite genres because the things I like sometimes transcend genres. Or the listed genre on IMDB or iTunes I disagree with, or just have no clue with the genre is, for example "alernative new age" ... What?

Movies: I love action movies and all of it's sub-genres. I love nothing more than a well choreographed hand to hand scene, a mass of explosions, wicked car chases, or shoot out with a million bullets having to be dodged. Some of my favourite movies that come to mind are: The Matrix, Kill Bill, Transformers, The Expendables, The Bourne Saga, Troy, The Pirates of the Caribbean Saga, Fast & The Furious franchise, Underworld Saga, Resident Evil Saga, The 13th Warrior, X-men, and the list just goes on....

Music: Since high school my music tastes have changed a great deal. I used to love JPop and Punk music a lot, and then it changed to singer/songwriter and alternative music in college, and now I'm really enjoying more pop and dance type music. Possibly because I need more help with motivation and only something with a drumming beat gets me moving.

Books: I still love me an epic adventure. The Wheel of Time series will always be my favourite, even though Rand Al'Thor will always be a bit of a douche.

14 comments:

  1. ever changing music for your growing mind!
    love action!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never thought of it that way before... :3

      Delete
  2. When we grow so does our tastes. Great selection!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kill Bill and The Matrix are great films. In music, I can happily listen to drum solos all day, but those darn guitarists like to have their moment too (love guitar solos too, to be honest!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both beat the saxophone solos from the 80's and 90's... eegads.

      Delete
  4. The Expendables is definitely a good film! Doesn't take much brain power to watch, but entertaining nonetheless! Have you seen 2? I had fun picking out all the cheesy lines from Terminator, Die Hard, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't watched Expendibles 2 yet, but I can't wait. Ahaha, nothing beats action man cheese.

      Delete
  5. You have very good favourite movies!

    And you remind me, sometimes I'll have to start reading the Wheel of time series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to start listening to it as an audiobook because I had so much to do and didn't know how to fit in reading a book like that.

      Delete
  6. Four blog hops in quick succession... wow, that's quite an accomplishment!
    Dance music? Definitely yes. I love to dance and don't need a second invitation to do so.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some really great movie choices in there and you are a bit like me with music, always changing!

    ReplyDelete