09 October 2012

Crushed Potato Salad



So I’ve tried my hardest to find the recipe online, especially on the Tesco website, but to no avail. It’s kind of funny because it’s a “Tesco Inspires” recipe. I happened on this recipe when I picked up a tub of hummus on the discount shelf and on the inside of the packaging was a recipe for this potato salad. 

I was quite impressed with the recipe, the flavours, and how easy it was to make. I’ve tried this recipe out on a couple friends that don’t seem very adventurous with their food and even they liked it. The only downside is that it doesn’t seem to last very long. One night in our fridge and it already started to smell and taste funky, so only make as much as you’re going to eat!

CRUSHED POTATO SALAD
·         500g baby potatoes
·         167g spicy hummus
·         8 green or black olives, halves
·         2 spring onions, chopped
·         8 sun blush tomatoes, chopped
·         Chopped, fresh parsley


  • Cook the potatoes in boiling, salted water until tender. Drain, then return to the pan and gently crush with a potato masher
  • Thin the hummus with a splash of boiling water. Fold into the potatoes with the olives, spring onions, tomatoes and plenty of seasoning
  • Sprinkle with the parsley. Serve Warm


As a side note, I left out the olives because nobody likes them in this household and instead of using water I used a bit of skim milk, though they’re pretty much the same thing…

Let me know if anybody else tries it! :3

No comments:

Post a Comment