11 October 2012

My NaNoWriMo Meme


In spite of perpetual procrastination, I'm a planner when it comes to writing.

I like to really plan every scene complete with notes about emotions I want to bring out in a reader. Then I get all upset that when I actually get around to writing the scene that it doesn't end up like I had planned. I know, I know no plan survives the first point of contact intact. That doesn't mean I don't want it to work out anyway.

So this year, I am completely pants-ing NaNoWriMo.


 That's a lie. I'm pants-ing with a plan.

I have to complete one more "30 days of..." Meme to accomplish one more of my goals for 2012 so I thought what better than to incorporate NaNo into it? Really though, I'm running out of months now that October is into its second week and I would be sure to fail if I tried a 30 Days Meme in December.

I found a couple of "30 Days of NaNo" memes that had everything to do with the story you would have planned or be writing. This wouldn't lend itself to properly pantsing so I decided to come up with a 30 Days of NaNo of my own.

My "30 Days of NaNoWriMo Writing" is geared towards action-adventure type stories so the topics for each day reflect that. For each day, I will write a scene with a collection of characters that I will make up on the fly, and the scenes will all be from the same Universe or Story. However, that scenes are presented in random order so at the end of NaNo I can either try to edit them together, or simply leave them as a collection or scenes. Obviously, I'll decided on that later but I will post everyday what I think is the best line of each day.

The Capillary's 30 Days of NaNoWriMo Scenes:

Day 1: Ending Scene
Day 2: Flash back scene
Day 3: Wedding scene
Day 4: Death of side kick Scene
Day 5: Defeat of villain scene
Day 6: Realizing what’s at stake scene
Day 7: Betrayal scene
Day 8: Fantasy scene
Day 9: Villain hostage scene
Day 10: First kiss between characters scene
Day 11: Exploring a new place scene
Day 12: Gun fight scene
Day 13: Meeting the paranormal/supernatural scene
Day 14: Dream sequence scene
Day 15: Banter scene
Day 16: Love/Sex scene
Day 17: Drunk scene
Day 18: Villain plotting scene
Day 19: Argument between 2 characters scene
Day 20: War scene
Day 21: Comfort scene between 2 characters scene
Day 22: Meeting supporting male scene
Day 23: Hand to hand combat scene
Day 24: Meeting supporting female scene
Day 25: Car chase scene
Day 26: Meeting the mentor/advisor scene
Day 27: Meeting female lead scene
Day 28: Meeting male lead scene
Day 29: Learning new power scene
Day 30: Opening Scene

Who else wants to give it a try? 

10 comments:

  1. This is actually kind of cool! I would consider joining you but I am a total pantser!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping one day I'll be able to challenge myself into being one. Even if just for one time. :3

      Delete
  2. I think this will be fun. Might just join you. I am a pantser. Makes for some interesting revisions.

    This year, I decided to do the planner thing for a change. I have some other projects I put deadlines on so I had wondered how I was going to fit NaNo in this year. Now trying to figure out how to work this in,... just might work....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know if you do! And let me know what your NaNo handle is. That goes for everybody as well! XD

      Delete
  3. That's really cool. I need to go in with an actual plan this year because of timing issues, but I might try something like this next year.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like this outline that you've created. That's something that I do, except with more detail.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the idea, but I am writing a detailed plot outline again this year. But I do have another story that could use some work and this does sound like a lot of fun.....

    ReplyDelete