17 October 2012

The 99 Workout Review


I'm a fan of body weight and home work outs. They're fantastic for traveling or for days you can't be bothered to leave the house. We all have those days.

A couple weeks back I had a lot of those days, so when I stumbled across this one called "The 99" and I thought to myself, "Perfect!"

Source

I know this came with a warning on the image that it would take a long time, but I think I'm not the only one to have underestimated exactly how long this workout would take. Without the run (because it got dark while I was trying to finish this up), I think it took me nearly two hours.

It's not a badly balanced workout, but it did get terribly boring by the time I had to do start the rounds of 55. Srsly. I took longer and longer breaks between the sets because Twitter was more fascinating (when is it not?). I started to switch up the exercises to leg lifts, bicycles, wide squats, narrow squats, tricep push ups, etc. A search of other blogs who reviewed the workout found the same thing.

Only later I found "The 99 Workout Remix" which is kind of the same idea, but someone made it into a fancy picture:

Source

No comments:

Post a Comment