25 November 2012

Day 7 of NaNoWriMo

Why yes, I am catching up on my NaNoWriMo. What's that? I need to write 8k per day to finish on time?

...don't tell me that.


Day 7 - The Betrayal Scene


Noah sat down at the table, kitty corner to her seat at the end. He placed a tablet face up on the table and rubbed his forehead. Maya noticed that he looked tired with the darkened circles around his eyes and slightly drooping eye lids. It was the first time that Noah showed his age at 32.

“I was hoping you’d come over last night.” He said.

“Oh?” Maya replied, truly surprised. 

“You think I’m here early because I wanted to be? I knew you weren’t going to listen to me to not be here this morning.”

“I want to know what you found out about Allegra.”

“I know. I wanted to tell you in person, away from all of this.” Noah said, gesturing around the room with one hand.

“I don’t understand why. I mean, you told me we’re just supposed to be professionals from here on in.” Maya said, “Don’t get me wrong, I appreciated that you let me come over the night… it all happened. But I thought it would still be like… this: we meet only at work and only talk about work stuff, you know?”

“I didn’t think you’d be so diligent about it.” 

“What? Noah, this is the messiest relationship I’ve ever been in. I just wanted to get away and never see you again after… that mess. I thought you felt the same, I mean, otherwise why would you keep me at a distance?"

No comments:

Post a Comment