29 November 2012

NaNoWriMo Scene 12

Last night was a writing write-off. I maybe wrote 1500 words.

It's certain I won't complete the word count before Friday night, however, I still push and see how far I get. I've also decided I'll finish my meme, just not in time for the end of the month. I still have a course to finish before December 6...

I'll write a feelings post about how gutted I am next week sometime. Right now, ass in chair and keep typing.


Scene 12 - Gun Fight Scene

We just have to make it through tonight… Maya thought, looking out her window and catching glimpses of her reflection.

She was almost surprised at the look of her face. It had narrowed considerably over the last year as she lost many pounds in fat and replacing them with several other pounds of muscle. She wore no make up now and the expression she carried seemed to be something she had only found on others faces: determination and focus had replaced anger or the blank stare she had typically carried before.

“You alright?” Noah asked, bringing Maya out of her thoughts.

“Yeah, you?” she replied, continuing to look out the window.

“You feel ok with the plan?”

“Yeah, but I still don’t’ like it.” Maya said, turning to face him.

“I know.”

“It won’t work.”

“It has to.”

Maya smiled, “It won’t work. And then we’ll resort to my plan in the end anyway. So relax.”

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting some of your writing. I like to see what other people are up to. I like the dialogue here because it makes me want to know more.

    ReplyDelete