15 January 2013

Donut Ban

Before I get into the donut thing (which I know, I've talked about before), I'm reporting that I watched the first of four Jane Austen Movie adaptations: Emma, starring Gwyneth Paltrow. I tried to find a way to watch BBC's more recent adaptation but it wasn't even available on the iPlayer. It kind of struck me as shocking that between 1996 and 2011 there wasn't another remake before then, since the movie industry is all about remakes lately.

In October, I reached 999 days of the last time I had a donut, and I wasn't far off of my health goal of last January of not having anymore donuts for the whole year. I actually started this goal (an actual New Year's Resolution) January 1, 2010, having had my last donut December 31, 2009. I would have started eating donuts at the beginning of year but I've found out that I have a mild allergy to gluten last summer...

It didn't seem to make any more sense to keep this as a recurring goal since I've cut wheat, flour, and so forth out of my diet anyway. And after three years, it's time for something new. I mean, I have a long list to get through.



And if there happens to be a gluten free donut shop, I'll allow myself to indulge.

4 comments:

  1. I ate an Apple Fritter just this morning. It was delicious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I smashed a bag of Haribo Starmix last night... I might need to ban that for a month or two.

      Delete
  2. I keep thinking I ought to try to make my own baked donuts, but if I'm desperate, there are a couple of brands that make GF donuts....

    ReplyDelete