23 January 2013

Measurements

Yesterday's blog post required me to do some digging into previous blog posts and I came across the 30 Days of Fitness blog posts. I had a good little chuckle re-reading them before I got to thinking that I never did re-measure my body after I finished the 30 Days of Fitness.

I know my weight has changed because I've been tracking my food and activity still at MyFitnessPal.com, but weight isn't the only way to measure health or health gains. So if you'll indulge me, I'll post my measurements again.

Stand on your head to view this as the writer intended...
  • Weight 144.4 lbs / 65.5 kg / 10.3 stone
  • Neck 12.5 in / 32 cm
  • Chest 34 in / 86.5 cm
  • Bust 31 in / 79 cm
  • Arm 11 in / 28 cm
  • Waist 30 in / 76 cm
  • Hips 36 in / 92 cm
  • Legs 20 in / 51 cm
If we'd like to compare to September
  • Weight: 151.6 lbs / 68.8 kg / 10.8 stone
  • Neck: 13.5 in / 34 cm
  • Chest 37.5 in / 95 cm
  • Bust 31.5 in / 80 cm
  • Arm 11.0 in / 28 cm
  • Waist 30 in / 76 cm
  • Hips 38.5 in / 98 cm
  • Legs 22 in / 56 cm
A 7 pound weight loss isn't spectacular in 5 months, however, when I look at the chest, hip, and leg measurements I shrank considerably. I have to admit, I got a bit giddy taking these measurements because I now fit in a US size 8 or UK size 12, a size I havent' seen since I was 14 years old.

Source

That makes me sounds like I'm obsessed with my image, and perhaps I am. I should ask the question then, aren't we all? I think we're all concerned with some part of our image, if it's not what we wear or how we look when we're not sitting at our various locations blogging, then we're concerned with our online presence.

I could go deeper with this, but we could be here all day. Instead, tell me what you're most concerned about regarding your image and why it's important to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment