08 January 2013

New Years and Birthdays

Well, that hiatus was unplanned.

But I liked it. Not at first, mind you. I had moments of extreme guilt and anxiety because it was unplanned, longer than expected, and was so busy that I didn't even have time to fire off a quick post along the lines of "UNPLANNED HIATUS". I came to enjoy a couple weeks of non-internet related activities. Mostly because I had no choice, not having any internet.

It was chance to do some reflecting about 2012, where I started and where I ended. I think I say this every year, but the end of the year did not end the way I planned at the beginning. You'd think I'd have figured that out by now and learned not to stress over this fact as much. Somehow I have in my head this notion that my life is dull and I'm like a character in a comedy whose daily grind is dull, and in the dullness of their life wishes to have an un-dull life.

Note to self, this does not apply to self.

That being said, my updates will be sketchy at best for this year while I redo my blog (I'm taking the opportunity to experiment here, not all results will be good. You've been warned), work on some content, work on some non-blogging content, and try a different strategy for achieving goals, great and small, the first of which will be "7 Weeks Until I'm 27".

That's starting to look like a lot of candles...
Source

I realize it's now six weeks until February 25, but I came up with this plan a couple days before New Year's and started implementing it Jan 1, not the 8th. Instead of giving myself a whole year's worth of goals, I'm going to tackle two(ish) months at a time, breaking down larger goals if needed. I'm still going to put up a master list of goals to choose from, but I'll focus on five or six at a time.

I call this challenge 7 Things in 7 Weeks until I'm 27


No comments:

Post a Comment