30 January 2013

Thanks To My Friends

My week's been a bit up and down, and blogging about anything has made me want to tear my hair out. It was painful last week, garnering a well deserved criticism that what I've posted to be described as "flat".

Fair enough.

I was feeling flat and I got so fed up with my flatness that I went on a social binge. On a whim I went out for an early breakfast, had about three Skype dates, and a proper coffee date. This might not seem like a big deal for a lot of people and, to be honest, it wouldn't have been a big deal to me either last year around this time.But Bordon has been so isolating, even more so since the husband unit has started commuting to his new job. It's left me without a mode of transport to do anything unless I fork over my left arm to pay for the public transit here.

It started to get on top of me, that I had nothing but housework and training to do. Really, how inspired can you be when you wake up, eat porridge, check e-mail, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, etc, do some cardio, take shower, take a nap, wait for vehicle to become available, go train with minor variations from week to week.

I'm sad to say that I'm STILL waiting to become registered in the UK as a nurse and I could potentially wait up to another 50 days (There was some unmentioned legal clause stating they had up to 90 days to make a decision).So, while I am and always be an introvert by nature, I'm still a social creature and I like the company of people that can make me smile. My 7 Things in 7 Weeks until I'm 27 was an effort to break out of this rut and dullness but I've found that without the contact and subsequent inspiration from my friends (you know who you are, the ones that have put up with my excessive whining as of late) my list has also felt on the dull side.




So as a quick update, no, no more goals have been accomplished, however, I've had a much better start to this week than many previous weeks. I hope to carry this motivation and inspiration over to the next few.

1 comment:

  1. I hear where you're coming from. It helped me to talk to you this week :) Miss you, good luck with everything you've got coming up!

    ReplyDelete