06 February 2013

Swimming Inspiration

I went swimming earlier this week as part of my cross training and noticed a woman trying to claim some space amongst the regulars (they're quite territorial here). I didn't think much of it since there are often new faces at the pool that crop up once or twice in four months.

After swimming my obligatory 40 lengths in the 25m pool, I got out and didn't think too much of it. In the change room the woman was standing there and asked me how I managed to breathe on alternate sides when I swim front crawl. I tried to explain it to her as best as possible on how to start out and build up to swimming a length.

Source

 We continued to chat: she wants to learn to swim better to swim across the English Channel August 2014 to raise money and awareness for blind veterans. She participated in a 100+ km walk in UK to raise money for the same cause last year and 3 years ago she joined the Territorial Army (equivalent to the Canadian Reserves).

She's 46.

How's that for inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment