31 March 2013

Happy Easter!

Happy Easter to everyone!

It was so cute, I couldn't resist.
Source

Typically, I try not to do actual blog posts over weekends, particularly long weekends. It's the time I usually try to set aside for catching up on reading, drafting future posts, commenting, and IRL things. But it didn't feel right not to wrap up my New Month New Goals list properly before going into my next list and the A to Z challenge which kicks off tomorrow.

I look back at my list and I think how clever I was to really limit what I wanted to accomplish. Honestly though, it was my subconscious applying all the information I had learned over the last couple years about goal setting, the biggest lesson being Focus. As big as my Master List is, and how much I want to do everything, I need to narrow down exactly what I want to accomplish and limit myself to an average of one goal a week, or even one part of a goal per week.

That being said, this is still a process I'm trying to refine. When I look back at my paper list that I kept next to me, 3/4 of my goals were accomplished in the last ten days of the month. Good average there. I've drafted a list of goals to complete and I'm giving myself until the Summer Solstice to complete it. The list doesn't exactly follow the one goal/task per week rule I'm trying to implement: completing the A to Z challenge will be spread over a number of weeks, and taking my multivitamin daily will be obviously a daily challenge. 


Before getting to the next list tomorrow, here's a quick goal recap of March, in order of completion:

1. Read one book. Finished reading "Mansfield Park" by Jane Austen on March 6. My Goodreads activity can confirm this, although you'll have to sift through the many books I've marked as "to read" before you can see it...
2. Visit Stonehenge, Woodhenge, and Old Sarum. Three separate goals all in one day. I posted some pictures about this here.
3. Participated in another blog hop. Alex J. Cavanaugh's Top Ten Movie Countdown.
4. Submit an entry to the LasCaux Flash contest. My entry can be found here. Didn't win but I will keep trying!
5. Participated in the a TKD tournament. Picture of this can be found here.
6. Write three more chapters for Elisa's Thoughts. I've written them by hand and need to type them up. I know it's not an efficient way to write, however, it's what I resort to when I'm struggling to write something. I will post the new chapters over the next week once I get my Betas to have a quick look at them.

They are only one-sided pages, fortunately.

Did anyone else complete a goal in March? Did you do anything differently with this goal? We'll talk more seriousgoal stuff once the A to Z challenge is over. Good luck everybody!


No comments:

Post a Comment