16 March 2013

Liebster Answers

When I set out my New Month New Goals the other week, I didn't actually expect to finish one so soon. After the post, I finishing listening to the audiobook of "Pride & Prejudice" while doing a bunch of organizing and packing. It's a much shorter book than I recall seeing on bookshelves and after listening to it don't understand why I was so intimidated by it.

Source


Maybe because people have built it up so much? Perhaps everybody I had ever spoken to made it seem like such a complicated literary work of English? Who knows?

Finally reading the book I recognized the artistic liberties the 2005 "Pride & Prejudice" movies took, particularly to plot and I'm curious to watch the BBC version with Colin Firth. I have to say though, the 2005 movie did cast and present Lydia Bennet quite accurately. It's a bit crude, but all I could think of was "Lydia Bennet: the original Base Bunny, since 1813".

I'm also really curious to read the Pride & Prejudice mash up. I have great expectations...


Two more things before you go! One, my mom is visiting so updates will be spare this week. And I wanted to answer Jolie Du Pre's Liebster questions, so I'll leave you with the following:






4 comments:

  1. The BBC version is much more accurate, and much superior, I think! P&P is such an accessible book - it's my all-time most favourite book ever. I hope you enjoyed the book (I can't quite tell from your post.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm honest, I have to say I wasn't. Because it's taken me so long to read it, I've heard the characters and the novel reviewed and raved about and was disappointed to find they weren't all that. For example, Elizabeth Bennet in the novel doesn't strike me as anything spectacular really.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the award and I don't think I'd want to live forever, either. It's usually a curse...unless you're a Highlander :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think I would consider being a Highlander type of immortal also a curse. You know, with people chasing after your head with a sword regularly.

      Delete