01 April 2013

12 Goals & The Letter 'A'

Yesterday's post wrapped up my New Month New Goals. It had to be done, in my mind, before I presented my next set of goals and started the A to Z challenge. Officially, this list is called "12 Things in 12 Weeks until Summer Solstice" which is June 21.

Ok, so it's roughly twelve weeks.

1. Complete the A to Z challenge. Starting today!
2. Get my UK driver's license.
3. Outline for my novel that Stephanie M. Pawley challenged me to. It's titled Hashtag Kissing Katie.
4. Run twice a week.
5. Take my multi-vitamin daily.
6. Get my blue belt in TKD. Grading is sometime in June. I need to relearn Yul Gok and 3 Step Sparring yet.
7. Five posts in this time period of chapters for Hashtag Kissing Katie.
8. Get tickets to see Tegan & Sara in Manchester June 8.
9. Visit four more English Heritage sites.
10. Read two more books.
11. Write two more chapters for Elisa's Thoughts
12. Add a Goodreads Widget to my blog.


Now, it's time for the challenge!


In spite of the first half of the post, I actually took on board everybody's suggestions to get a theme and keep the posts short. My theme is movies I haven't seen before and I'm just going to give a quick rating and impression.




Movie: Arthur (2011)

Overall rating:  4/5

General Impression: It's the 2011 remake of a 1981 movie and I'm glad I never saw the original. Just by watching the trailer I can say that some remakes are worth their while. I think Russell Brand and Helen Mirren were cast very well and did really well in their roles. I also thought the story was very touching and quite hilarious all at once so I'd definitely recommend this one for a bit of a laugh.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

23 comments:

  1. I remember the original and, yeah, it wasn't that great. I've never seen the remake so I have to wonder how true they stayed to the original story.

    Anyway, great theme idea and looking forward to more :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the laugh in the preview made me feel annoyed...

      Thanks for stopping by! :3

      Delete
  2. I love movie themes.

    I haven't seen either version of Arthur, but maybe I'll have to give Russell Brand's version a try.

    Best of luck with your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Movie themes are always interesting and give me plenty of movies to add to my endless movie watching list.

    Good luck with your goals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And thanks for dropping by. :3

      Delete
  4. I love the title of your MS. Also, I earned a 2nd deg. black belt in taekwondo when I was much younger. I love the sport. Congrats on practicing for your blue belt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope to work back up to my black again in the next couple years.

      Delete
  5. I've never seen this, maybe I should give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Arthur in both forms, new and old are fun movies.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea for a theme, and you get to watch loads of new movies! Good luck with your A-Z and the rest of your goals list.

    Angeline

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! And thanks for stopping by. :3

      Delete
  8. That's an impressive list of goals - hope you succeed. You can 'visit' quite a lot of English Heritage sites on my A-Z blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I tried to find the blog you're using for A to Z and I couldn't?

      Delete
  9. You are so much further than I am! I have yet to come up with a title for my story. I have seen the original version and I did not care much for it, so maybe I will try to watch the newer one and see if it is any better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's only because I had an idea rolling around in my head before you challenged me. But no worries, the title is all I have. :3

      Delete
  10. Hello! I'm visiting from the A to Z Challenge! Hmm. I only saw the original movie, Arthur, but I can remember the theme song ... and now it's stuck in my head! haha. Great theme.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It sounds like you've got a great outline for goals you want to accomplish. I wish you luck.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I saw the original, and thought it was so bad I didn't bother with the remake. But then again, I was 11 at the time, so I may have missed the point. May have to check this one out.

    Hi from Nagzilla bloghopping A to Z

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would almost describe the remake as a "coming of age" story of a man in his 30's. And if you like Russell Brand and his humour, you'll like this.

      Delete