03 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: C is for Cowboys & Aliens





Movie: Cowboys & Aliens (2011)

Overall Rating: 3.5 / 5

General Impression: I'll admit, I'm a fair weather Daniel Craig fan. I only really heard of him when he became the new James Bond and took off his shirt. However, after seeing the English remake of "Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" I wholeheartedly believe he is a fantastic actor and I can't find any fault in his acting for this movie. While I love action and Sci Fi, adding Western to the mix has never been my idea of a good time. "Firefly" being the only exception to this. As much as I wasn't gaga over movie's concept I did enjoy it overall.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z

12 comments:

  1. Lovely post! :-) He's a great actor...
    I am at http://ofglassandpaper.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved this movie. I thought it had the right amount of action, comic relief, and intrigue.
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely enjoyed watching this movie, but only if I take it very lightly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In the end, it was good entertainment. :3

      Delete
  4. I enjoyed the movie, though I thought the title was kinda funny.
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to admit, I was a bit confused when I first heard about the movie.

      Delete
  5. I really enjoyed the movie. Love Daniel Craig, the juxtaposition (I thinks thats the word) between wild wild west and sci fi was cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't help but compare with Firefly and think that Joss Whedon just did it better.

      Delete
  6. There's a movie by Full Moon Studios called Oblivion that mixes the 'cowboys and aliens' genre pretty humorously. Don't get me wrong, it's not going to win any Oscars...but it was a fun movie.

    Have you ever seen the film "Layer Cake"? Craig gives a pretty good performance in that one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've heard about "Layer Cake" but haven't seen it. I'll have to add it to my monstrous "to watch" list following Alex's movie blog hop, lol.

      Delete