04 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: D is for Dark Shadows


That's supposed to be a "hang loose" gesture...



Movie: Dark Shadows (2012)

Overall Rating: 3.5 / 5

General Impression: Being a long time Johnny Depp fan, naturally I had to see this movie. In the typical Tim Burton & Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter collaboration with a little Michelle Pfeiffer thrown in, the movie had all the off beat and quirky humour. I did feel there were parts of the plot a little drawn out and not well explained (particularly with the love of his life) that kind of brought the movie down a notch. But the use of more tradition vampire lore and humour redeemed the movie so I enjoyed it overall.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

8 comments:

  1. For some reason, this movie trailer doesn't pull me in. It's one I didn't want to pay full movie theater ticket price, but I might rent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still haven't seen that movie... gosh I gotta get on that.
    Dani @ Entertaining Interests
    #warriorminion

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a fan of the old t.v. show, I constantly found myself comparing it to this film. They stayed true to a lot of the source material, but also went their own direction, so I didn't think it was that bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I'm honest, I didn't know there was a TV show...

      Delete
  4. The trailer when I originally saw it put me right off this movie - so much I made my boyfriend watch it himself on a night I wasn't in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Overall, it's a movie you probably don't need to spend time on. Unless you're bored or can't find anything better to watch.

      Delete
  5. I wanted to see this but then I didn't hear very good things about it. It's sad though because it seemed like it had some potential. *sigh* oh well.

    ReplyDelete