06 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: F is for The First Grader






Movie: The First Grader (2011)

Overall Rating: 4.5 / 5

General Impression: Wow.

I had to come back to write this several hours after I watched the movie because I was quite moved by it and the events it was based on. I must admit, I know little about Kenya's history and the struggles it has gone through. This movie opened my eyes, though I'm not so naive to think that the brutality displayed in the movie didn't happen for years to the people there. It was a tricky subject matter to tackle but the cinematography, the characters, the acting, the pace, the score, everything was really well done.

Definitely recommend this.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

5 comments:

  1. I'm going to have to check this out. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your posts ~ and btw: http://ofglassandpaper.com/2013/04/05/awards-a-nomination/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for sharing this. I must watch it now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will find this movie! Thank you for the post. I'd have never found this without the challenge. Thank you!

    Connie
    A to Z buddy
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
  5. Never heard of it, but I think I may just have to watch this (maybe later today at work if it's slow enough)

    ReplyDelete