17 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: O is for Ong Bak





Movie: Ong Bak (2003)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: Why have I never seen this movie before?

I'll be honest, I thought it was going to be cheesy and ten years ago (yes ten) I was inundated with cheesy martial arts movies and if China couldn't produce something a little less cheesy then how could Thailand? Well, Thailand could and seriously, Tony Jaa and his stunts? Brilliant.

Granted, it was a bit of a predictable storyline with archetype characters, but I enjoyed it all the same. I would only recommend this movie if you're into action and martial arts movies. 

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

3 comments:

  1. Actually, that looks pretty cool. I may have to check that one out. The stunts do look pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The stunts in "The Protector" were better if we're talking stunts.

      Delete
  2. Just stopping by for the A-Z Challenge. Please check us out and sign up to follow if you like what you see. Juliet atCity Muse Country Muse

    ReplyDelete