18 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: P is for Priest





Movie: Priest (2011)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: I enjoyed this movie. It felt a bit nostalgic for two reasons, the first being that it felt like a classic blockbuster from when I was a kid that you got excited to go to the movies to watch. The second was it was based on a Korean graphic novel, the kind I would have read when I was in high school.

Good times.

I didn't know it was based on a graphic novel until after I watched the movie and it makes sense: the different spin on "Church" and "Religion", the "Wild West", and "Vampire" concepts were well done and without having read the novel, I can't fault the cinematic result. I'm a Paul Bettany and Karl Urban fan and so I was a little biased when I say I think the acting was great.

It's kind of a niche movie so I recommend it if you're into this genre (dystopian, paranormal, action, etc).

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

3 comments:

  1. Priest is an awesome graphic novel. I may have to watch this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks like something I need to check out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Priest. Mostly because I love action/fantasy movies, and also bec. Maggie Q (one of my faves) was in it!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete