19 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: Q is for Quills





Movie: Quills (2000)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: I was 14 when this movie came out and I'm glad I didn't watch it then: I wouldn't have understood or appreciated it. It's a brilliantly told story about a writer of erotica trying to keep publishing while housed in an insane asylum in the Napoleonic era.

It's a bizarre story of love, sex, and trying to get ahead and then it all falling apart in the end. Geoffrey Rush, Joaquin Phoenix, and Kate Winslet are brilliant in their roles. The cinematography and score are wonderful and I would definitely recommend it.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

2 comments:

  1. It's a good one. I really enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've heard of it, but never seen it...another one I'll have to check out.

    ReplyDelete