29 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: Y is for Yes Man





Movie: Yes Man (2008)

Overall Rating: 4 / 5

General Impression: I'm not a Jim Carrey fan. I've never thought him funny and the movies I watched of his career beginnings I thought were a waste of time. However, a number of his recent movies confirm that he can actually act and this was no exception.

The premise of the movie is pretty self-explanatory, after being a "No Man" the protagonist goes on a journey to be a "Yes Man". I liked the concept because it's true, there are too many things in life we say "No" to because we're scared. On the other hand, we also say "yes" to too many things we don't really want to do. Just as Jim Carrey's character forgets to differentiate between what he really should say "no" and "yes" to, we do as well.

OK, that's deep enough for this cat. Just a last mention that the movie was entertaining and as always, Zooey Deschanel is cute and quirky. I recommend this movie if you want to watch something that's not too intense.

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z
 

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a movie my kids would love too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with you on Jim Carrey. I didn't like a lot of his earlier films, but I really do love this one. If I come across it on cable, I always stop to watch for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not a huge fan of Jim Carrey's movies, though I will admit he did pretty good in The Truman Show.

    ReplyDelete