30 April 2013

A to Z Challenge: Z is for Zardoz


Yep, the tattoo finally made an appearance.



Movie: Zardoz (1974)

Overall Rating: 3 / 5

General Impression: I watched this movie as a recommendation from +Denton Froese because, well, how many movies do you know that start with "Z"?

I didn't know what to expect when I watched it. I had no idea it was sci-fi or starred Sean Connery (who had a shocking few lines) running around in what I can only describe as sex-pest shorts. The movie touched on some interesting subjects such as "What is the point of procreation if you live forever?" and "What separates people from animals?".

Granted it was 1974 and the focus of movies was a bit different than it is today, but it was a bit of a slow watch and the ending was a bit confusing in that I didn't understand the point of the final scenes. Maybe if you've watched it you can let me know?

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z 

4 comments:

  1. That looks like one weird film. It seems to be in the vein of Barbarella which was made around the same time period. Very psychedelic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats on finishing the AZ! Never heard of this film but looks intriguing!
    Nutschell
    www.thewritingnut.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on completing the A to Z challenge with your sanity intact. I like your tattoo :) I always admire people with ink in the hurty places LOL So far mine have been in pretty fleshy spots.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Definitely a different sort of film, but I'll have to give Connery credit...he's never afraid to take on any role.

    I'm surprised you rated it as high as you did.

    Congrats on finishing A to Z! :)

    ReplyDelete