11 July 2013

Missed the Solstice Pt 1


I am very acutely aware that the Summer Solstice was more or less three weeks ago. I've looked at my 12 Things in 12 Weeks until Summer Soltice list and posts a number of times, also aware I didn't get 80% of my goals accomplished... But it doesn't feel right to leave that group of goals without a final wrap up/reflection post before going on to the next set of goals.

So here is the final 12 Things post:

1. Complete the A to Z Challenge

A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


2. Get my UK's Driver's license.
Well, let me tell you the hassle surrounding this goal. So you have one year from the date of your intention to stay in the UK to get your UK license. Until then you can drive on a "foreign" license. You can trade in a Canadian license for a UK before the year is up, but then you don't have a Canadian license anymore. But this is only handy if you took your test on a manual/standard vehicle in Canada, otherwise you can only become licensed in the UK to drive automatic vehicles.

So, over 10 years ago I took my driver's test in Canada on an automatic vehicle as that was my only option at the time. Since then I have only had a manual/standard car, save for 5 months. When I was 19 or 20 I even go into a friend's automatic car when I was DD and had to ask how to work it because I forgot what to do to get it to drive.

All of that driving experience? Irrelevant.

For me to trade in my Canadian license and then get licensed on a manual/standard would be the same procedure as me getting my Provisional (Learner's) license and then do a driving test. So that's what I'm doing.

Looking cheerful, as always for official government documentation...

I took my first theory test for my license earlier this week (I know, well after the Solstice) and failed. I was a disappointed cat, but I've already booked the retest for the 24th of this month. Fingers crossed 'cause I'm running out of time!

Also, the husband cat bought a new car. I actually like this one. Reminds me of my old cars. But better.

Any body else running out of time on some of their goals? It can't just be me!

- - -

Missed the Solstice Part Two - Part Three - Part Four



5 comments:

  1. I recently renewed my license. It wasn't hard. I believe in you! You can pass the test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually that reminds me that I need to cross off a few things on my 101 things list. I'm at the 1/2 way point, but I certainly haven't finished quite half the goals

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Time to crank it up? lol

      I can't recall seeing an update on your blog???

      Delete
    2. Um because it also occurs to me that I haven't updated my 101 Things. I've got an update post in the works right now. Also trying to get a bunch of 365 photo project posts pre-written to save myself some time.

      Delete