01 August 2013

August Motivation - Yoga

So now that I'm on a motivational upswing and it's the first of August I'm going to try my best to find ways not to fall into a sink hole of despair and hopelessness. A bit dramatic, but you get the idea. My strategy to achieve this is to talk about the goals that I happened to work on without too much intention instead of dwelling on the lack of success on my last group of intended goals.

Attend 15 Classes
I mentioned in yesterday's post that one of the positive experiences in my life over the last year is having met my yoga instructor, Natalie Coleman. I know very little about yoga, so when I attended her class for the first time I didn't know what to expect. I mean, I had researched other yoga studios and instructors but a lot of them were "Hot Yoga" or "Hatha Yoga". Hot Yoga and it's disease infested studios don't appeal to me and Hatha Yoga is a bit too slow for what I want. But I've always been aware of the benefits of Yoga and I was hoping that when I attended my first class with Natalie it would be what I was looking for.


And it was! So much so that I got back about once a week, stuck between all the Taekwon-Do training and have wracked up 11 out of the 15 classes I was aiming on completing sometime next year.

I'll give myself a pat on the back for doing better than I thought.


30 Days of Yoga
Because of the positive impact I've gotten from getting back into regular yoga classes and practice I feel like I'm ready to do this challenge in the next couple months. I may or may not start this challenge on the first day of a month, but kind of more when I'm ready to do this challenge. Obviously it won't be in August, but then, halfway through I might change my mind.

What is 30 Days of Yoga? It's a challenge, mostly personal, whereby you practice yoga everyday for 30 days straight. Apparently it takes 30 repetitions to make a habit, so it might as well be a good one.

There are more organized and official 30 days of Yoga challenges like the one from Do You Yoga and Daily Cup of Yoga. So if anybody wants to set up a challenge me, I accept! Just let me know.

Source
- - -

August Motivation ~ Yoga - Running -Tournaments -Cider - Dips, Burgers, BBQ - Make Up -In Pictures -With Music -


2 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to start yoga. I've done a class here and there but it has never really stuck with me.

    From just looking at my friends, I can see how beneficial it can be and just to really center yourself after a hectic day... One day, one day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that when you do make time for it that you find a good instructor!

      Delete