17 June 2014

Getting There

Oh em gee, life has been happening. While I was trying to help motivate Britney from The Drunk Runner to start blogging again (who, by the way, did become motivated and inspired to start blogging again), she pointed out that I haven't actually blogged since April of this year.

Well, uhm, whoops.

I keep saying that I will become financially independent through blogging, I'm pretty sure this isn't the way to do it. I'm aware a considerable more amount of consistency is required, however, in my defense, my life hasn't exactly been consistent, steady, or conducive to sitting at my desk and blogging.

Since April
  1. I learned everything I needed to know for my Kukkiwon Dan grading in two weeks.
  2. I had my mom visit and we did a bit of the touristy thing
  3. I had to study for my ITEC & BTEC massage therapy exams
  4. I am in the middle of starting a massage therapy business while halfheartedly remaining on employment register of a local, publicly run hospital. 
  5. I'm trying to get back into a training routine and hitting a lot of stumbling blocks that way. 
  6. I'm trying to get Indefinite Leave To Remain (ILR) in the UK which requires me to take a test and then fork over my husband's entire paycheque, my left arm, and possibly my spleen so I can stay in the UK
Mmm... yep. Feeling a lot like that.
Source

 I feel like I need a vacation. I feel a bit like a brat for saying that, for wanting one, but why? It's not unreasonable to want a break from my routine, from my surroundings, from the work, from the chores for a week. But I'm not in a position to be like, "I'm taking off to Ibiza bitches" although I've been tempted a few times.

Apparently there's sunshine.

Back to blogging, and this blog. I started this blog being inspired by the Day Zero Project and then lost motivation and clearly didn't finish very impressively. I never did make another list of 101 Goals I'd like to accomplish in the next 1001 Days. My reasons were something like it was too long, too broad, I took on too much, etc etc. In actual fact, I wasn't committed. I wasn't committed to the Project, to the goals, or anything besides making money and making up for lost experiences I thought I would forever miss out on.

Not that it did much good since I kept missing out on the things I wanted the most.

But there's been a real shift in my life in this last year, well, since 2014 started, and I'm starting to feel good? ...satisfied? with my life. Regardless of my future plans will take me, I feel like this is where I'm meant to be right now, doing what I'm doing (see above). I don't know where massage therapy or Taekwondo is going to take me in the next couple years, but I'm not really concerned because I'm honestly just having a good time. 

Source


I thought I'd add to the good time by creating another 101 Goals in 1001 Days, incorporating the lessons I learned from my last attempt: be flexible and open to change, even halfway through the Project. I haven't finished my list yet, but that's OK. I feel like I'm giving myself permission to be flexible and open while still charting my course. 


2 comments:

  1. Content. The word you're looking for is "content" and it's such a satisfying feeling!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't you think you need to feel some sort of satisfaction to feel content? I don't think you can feel one without the other.

      Delete